Description of the feature
In GOAT, a dataset with a variety of Points-of-Interest (POIs) is already provided by default. If you wish to integrate further POI data sets into GOAT, you can do so via the “Upload” function. A total of 500 MB of storage space is available to each user for this purpose.
Step-by-step instructions for uploading your own Point of Interest data sets
- Click on “User Data Upload” in the right menu.
Prepare the POI data as a GeoJSON file. Templates for this are available in the interface. If you want to upload multiple POI categories (e.g. youth centres, bikesharing stations), then create a separate file for each category (i.e. in this example a GeoJSON file with the youth centres and a GeoJSON with the bikesharing stations).
Click on the plus symbol.
- Select the POI category of the dataset. You can either choose one of the predefined categories or create your own.
- Click on “Browse your files”.
- Select the file from your local folder and upload it.
- The uploaded data set is now listed in your file manager and can be activated via the slider.
- Switch to the menu “Filter Thematic Data”, there your new data set is marked with a green dot. By clicking the checkbox, the layer is loaded into the map and you can see your uploaded data.